Wind River offers the industry's most comprehensive embedded virtualization development portfolio. Our solutions support multiple architectures, including Intel®, Power, and ARM®. All our products are backed by outstanding professional services and customer support, hardware integration expertise, and a thriving partner ecosystem.
Wind River can help you harness the many benefits of embedded virtualization.
The new world of software-defined everything reduces operating and capital expenses (OPEX and CAPEX) through application and hardware consolidation, space and power reduction, and improved operational and support efficiencies.
- CAPEX savings with lower hardware costs, consolidated network equipment, and multi-tenancy
- OPEX savings with shortened development and test cycles, improved operational efficiencies, and reduced energy consumption
- Service revenue opportunities with more innovation and faster deployment
Reduce the number, size, weight, and power demands of multiple applications by consolidating disparate functionalities onto one shared, common hardware platform.
- Reduced cost of goods sold
- Reduced device size, weight, and power (SWaP)
- Increased CPU performance
- Easy migration of unmodified legacy applications to multi-core CPUs
The Type 1 hypervisor in our virtualization solutions does not impact the speed and functionality of your systems while decreasing the power requirements.
- Network packet acceleration with multi-core processing for higher performance and throughput
- Improved media and data processing for the intensive computing and throughput demands from media streaming or big data analytics
- Improved battery life for handheld devices and improved performance per watt
Our embedded virtualization solution enables multiple independent levels of safety, certified to various levels. It can segregate mission-critical subsystems into certified partitions, while non-mission-critical subsystems can be separated and isolated into non-certified partitions.
- Reduced certification costs
- Separate safety-related code
- Partial certification of an application
- Addition of new functionality without recertification costs and efforts
Wind River leads the industry with our embedded virtualization and multi-core development platforms. We provide our customers with complete solutions for projects where connectivity, scalability, security, and future-proofing are crucial. We help software developers effectively reduce costs, risks, and time-to-market.
Carrier grade, virtualization ready
Wind River Titanium Cloud is the industry’s first fully integrated and feature-complete NFV infrastructure software platform. It provides ultra-reliability and exceptional performance efficiencies for telecommunications networks.
WIND RIVER HELIX VIRTUALIZATION PLATFORM
Adapt with a future-proof architecture
Wind River Helix™ Virtualization Platform consolidates multi-OS and mixed-criticality applications onto a single edge compute software platform, simplifying, securing, and future-proofing designs in the aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and automotive markets.
10 Steps to Virtualization
This paper provides an in-depth look at the process of virtualization and how it can be used to create new and improved high-performance devices.
COMMITMENT TO OPEN NETWORKS
Wind River is an active participant and leader in critical industry standards programs and open source initiatives. We are committed to helping build highly interoperable and flexible networks that can continuously adapt to meet today’s constantly evolving communications needs.
Wind River Titanium Cloud is an ecosystem of partners that provides a rich set of interoperable products and technologies for building out NFV on your next-generation networks.